Hemp and marijuana both belong to the same species of Cannabis sativa. However, they get different in their physical and chemical composition and effects. Legally hemp is a cannabis plant that contains less than 0.3 percent of tetrahydrocannabinol whereas marijuana contains 0.3 percent more THC. Let’s see how they widely differ from each other.
What is hemp?
Among different varieties of cannabis plant hemp, also known as the non-intoxicating variety of cannabis plan, it is grown as a renewable source for raw materials that can be used for the preparation of thousands of products. Its seed and flowers are of great nutritional value. It is grown for agricultural products like textile and oil.
Due to its use and increasing demand the global industrial hemp market is rapidly growing. There are many tienda de CBD which makes it difficult to get good quality CBD products. But JustCBD store ensures you to provide the best quality CBD product across the market, which is also well tested and safe for your health.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana is also known as cannabis, weed, pot, etc. Because of its sedative effect, it is primarily used for medical and recreational purposes. Its major content is Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which provides it with properties of various mental and physical effects like euphoria and altered state of mind etc.
How Do they differ from each other?
Hemp is different from marijuana in various ways like its function, application, and cultivation. Hemp can be used in various ways that marijuana cannot be used which includes clothing, skin products, and dietary supplements, etc. Some points with which they differ are:
- Chemical composition: The average value of TCH that is responsible for its psychological effect is 25 – 30 percent whereas in legal industrial hemp it is less than 0.3 percent. Due to this reason, hemp is non- intemperate. Hemps contains more amount of Cannabidiol (CBD).
- Product: Industrial hemp is always preferred over marijuana for Cannabidiol (CBD) products. Due to which demand hemp is increasing. Hemp is also used to prepare rope, bioplastic, insulation, and biofuel.
- Appearance: Leaves of marijuana are broad, a tight bud, or look like an ingot with a ciliary appearance. Unlike marijuana leaves of hemp are thinner and concentrated at the top.
- Cultivation: both of them also differ in their requirement and pattern of cultivation. Cultivation of hemp can be done in a variety of climatic conditions, unlike marijuana which requires warm and humid conditions. Hemp takes 108-120 days to complete one life cycle but marijuana takes only 60-90 days.
- Legal status: Marijuana due to its THC content and its psychoactive effect is declared illegal whereas hemp, on the other hand, was legalized to grow and sell in the united states under the 2018 Farm Bill.
Due to more CBD and less THC in industrial hemp as compared to marijuana, hemp is considered safer and more beneficial to use for the preparation of medical products. Also, you can access good quality and verities of CBD products.